- Hobbies: Playing with kids, reading, listening to classical music, playing chess, and shooting with a Nikon D200 and a Canon Rebel X.
- Favorite Quote: Go where you are afraid to go, do what you are afraid to do.
- 2000 - present, with Ford Motor Company. First working at Brake Controls Department in Global Core Engineering and currently working at Active Safety Research & Advanced Engineering. Technical Specialist in Vehicle Dynamics Control.
- 1997 - 2000, with Engineering Technical Center,
Engine Manegement and Chassis Systems, Delphi Corp. Advanced Project Engineer.
- 1986 - 1990,
with China Academy of Railway Sciences, Beijing, China. Research Engineer.
- Ph.D., Aeronautics &
Astronautics, Purdue University
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Central South University, Changsha, China
- Dynamics and control for ground vehicles and their active safety systems.
- - EEVDC: emergency event vehicle dynamics control
- - IDDC: integrated driving dynamics and control
- - ISC: integrated stability control
- - RSC: roll stability control
- - AYSC: advanced yaw stability control
- Dynamics state sensing and control for automotives.
- - ISS: integrated sensing system
- - ASMC: abnormal state monitoring and control
- Control system integrations.
- - IIC: integrated instrumentation and control
- - IMC: integrated modeling and control
- - ISC: integrated structure and control
- Stochastic controls, robust controls, multiobjective optimal controls and their applications.